Spring Outfit Ideas
Spring Outfit Ideas
Spring is one of my busiest times of the year for family photo sessions. The weather is mild, and we have some beautiful locations we can use in and around Orpington and Bromley. The scenery is beautiful in springtime, from daffodils to blossoms it has a bit of everything. It makes for the most amazing backdrops for your family portraits. That being said, I also offer spring sessions in my studio. I can cater for families of up to five people. However, one issue that always comes up around spring sessions is how you should style your family - what should you wear? Choosing the right outfit for your spring photoshoot can be a challenge. Here are some tips to help you select the perfect outfit.
- Consider the location: The location of your photoshoot will play a big role in determining what you should wear. If you choose a studio session, you’ll make different clothing choices than if we are shooting on location. If we’re outside, layer up, spring can still be chilly, but avoid bulky items like puffy coats, which make it difficult to define your shapes.
- Think about the colours: Spring is an opportunity to include bright, cheerful colours in your clothing. This doesn’t necessarily mean choosing something bold - bright pastels work equally as well at this time of year.
- Be mindful with patterns: Patterns are a great way to add some interest to your photos but avoid really bold patterns that will distract from your images. If you do choose to include some pattern, make sure it’s one or two pieces across family members that coordinate. Clashing patterns will work against you!
- Accessorise: Accessorising is a great way to add some personality to your photos. Consider wearing a statement necklace, a wide-brimmed hat, or a colourful scarf.
- Co-ordinate, don’t ‘twin’: It can be a fine balance to make sure your family all co-ordinate without dressing everybody exactly the same. You also want each family member to be able to show a little of their own personality. The key to a coordinating wardrobe is to choose one or two shades and base your whole palette around those. For example, you might choose navy and cream but let each family member wear their own style of clothes within that palette, adding little splashes of a brighter colour or a pastel to suit them.
- Comfort is key when it comes to photoshoots. You'll want to choose an outfit that you can all move and pose in easily. Avoid anything too tight or restrictive.
- Dress for the weather: Make sure you're dressed appropriately for the weather on the day of your photoshoot. If it's warm, opt for lightweight fabrics. If it's cooler, consider layering with a cardigan or a light jacket.
- Don't forget footwear: Your footwear is just as important as your clothing when it comes to outdoor photoshoots. Consider wearing shoes that complement your outfit and that you can walk and pose in comfortably.
If you’d like some inspiration, I have a brilliant Pinterest board here that will give you tons of inspiration for dressing to coordinate for your session. By following my Spring Outfit Ideas tips, you'll be sure to have an amazing photoshoot and some beautiful, memorable photos to treasure for years to come.
The Magic of Black and White Newborn Photography Hello my lovely readers! Today, we’re diving into a topic that’s close to my heart: the enchanting world of black and white newborn photography. You might wonder, “Why black and white when the world is so full of...
Spooktacular Halloween Photos Hello, my fabulous families! 🎃 Halloween is just around the corner, and it’s the perfect time to get creative with your family photos. Whether you’re a fan of the spooky or the whimsical, Halloween offers endless possibilities for...
Is your little one’s first birthday approaching? If so, you’re probably considering how to mark the most special birthday and you’ve also probably considered a cake-smash portrait session to celebrate! It’s one of my most popular session types and for good reason. For...
Welcome lovelies😊 I'm a tea drinking mummy of two who absolutely loves what I do! Here you will find new babies, bigger babies, kiddies & loved up'ie