How to Make Rainbow Rice
How to Make Rainbow Rice
How to make Rainbow Rice for baby and toddler play activities -
For your Rainbow Rice you will need - Rice, Vinegar, Food Colouring & Zip Lock Bags
In a zip lock bag add 1 cup of rice (roughly 130g), 1 teaspoon of vinegar and a few drops of food colouring. Give the bag a good mix up so all the rice is coated and give it a few mins to soak.
Then lay the rice on baking paper that’s on a baking sheet. If you like you can put into a warm oven (not on) to help it dry quicker, otherwise leave a few hours until dry and you will have pretty rainbow rice to play with!
I started off by putting it neatly in a cake tin so it looked pretty even though I knew it would get mixed up straight away!
Rainbow rice is fantastic for so many play activities for babies and toddlers. Here’s just a few things you can do with it…
Rainbow Rice Play Ideas:
- Shaker - Add rice to a bottle to make a shaker, perfect for a baby to make their own music.
- Sensory bag - Pop rainbow rice into a zip lock bag so baby can have a safe way to explore it.
- Sensory bin - Add rice to a bowl or plastic box, provide scoops and containers (you’ll have plenty in your recycling box) and let them have fun scooping and pouring.
- Hide and Seek – Add rice to a bowl or plastic box and hide some of your child’s toys such as foam letters, cars, or toy figures and watch them have fun finding them.
- Small world play – Add animals, dinosaurs, cars or people figures to your rice to introduce them to small world play and watch how they use their imagination.
Even better, 1 batch can last months, it’s cheap, quick and easy! All you need is a bag of rice, food colouring, zip lock bags and white vinegar.
Rainbow rice can provide hours of fun. My little one William loves to simply pour it in and out of different containers making different noises. Yes, they will probably throw a handful here and there so do make sure you have a dustpan and brush nearby ;)
Happy playing, Caroline x
The Santa Experience Christmas 2020...??!!! The Santa Experience?! I know, I know it's only August, but as always, my Christmas planning hat is on and my oh my this year is going to be epic! The big guy himself will be visiting the studio this October, I mean if...
Miss F's Beautiful Newborn Session This little beauties mummy booked her newborn session whilst she was pregnant. She already knew she wanted a floral, girlie session. Her wish was my command! I adore using flowers in my shoots, even more so when I can use fresh ones....
Miss R-B Cake Smash and Splash! This little beauty came along with her mum and dad for her cake smash after lockdown as well ya know, we missed her birthday! However it was absolutely fabulous! She was a delight from beginning to end. Let me rewind quickly before I...
Welcome lovelies😊 I'm a tea drinking mummy of two who absolutely loves what I do! Here you will find new babies, bigger babies, kiddies & loved up'ie