How to Make Rainbow Rice
How to Make Rainbow Rice
How to make Rainbow Rice for baby and toddler play activities -
For your Rainbow Rice you will need - Rice, Vinegar, Food Colouring & Zip Lock Bags
In a zip lock bag add 1 cup of rice (roughly 130g), 1 teaspoon of vinegar and a few drops of food colouring. Give the bag a good mix up so all the rice is coated and give it a few mins to soak.
Then lay the rice on baking paper that’s on a baking sheet. If you like you can put into a warm oven (not on) to help it dry quicker, otherwise leave a few hours until dry and you will have pretty rainbow rice to play with!
I started off by putting it neatly in a cake tin so it looked pretty even though I knew it would get mixed up straight away!
Rainbow rice is fantastic for so many play activities for babies and toddlers. Here’s just a few things you can do with it…
Rainbow Rice Play Ideas:
- Shaker - Add rice to a bottle to make a shaker, perfect for a baby to make their own music.
- Sensory bag - Pop rainbow rice into a zip lock bag so baby can have a safe way to explore it.
- Sensory bin - Add rice to a bowl or plastic box, provide scoops and containers (you’ll have plenty in your recycling box) and let them have fun scooping and pouring.
- Hide and Seek – Add rice to a bowl or plastic box and hide some of your child’s toys such as foam letters, cars, or toy figures and watch them have fun finding them.
- Small world play – Add animals, dinosaurs, cars or people figures to your rice to introduce them to small world play and watch how they use their imagination.
Even better, 1 batch can last months, it’s cheap, quick and easy! All you need is a bag of rice, food colouring, zip lock bags and white vinegar.
Rainbow rice can provide hours of fun. My little one William loves to simply pour it in and out of different containers making different noises. Yes, they will probably throw a handful here and there so do make sure you have a dustpan and brush nearby ;)
Happy playing, Caroline x
75th anniversary of VE Day 1945 - 2020 Plans for celebrations for the 75th anniversary of VE Day were well underway, our May bank holiday had even been moved to Friday 8th May to coincide with the celebrations, then... coronavirus pandemic! Nothing like a pandemic to...
Family Movie Night! We love a family movie night, especially me and Freya. So when I saw a post from fellow photographer Nina about this fabulous Movie Package that Scott Cinemas were doing I knew I had to take a look. This deal is brilliant and for the price well...
Bubbles & Cuddles your Alternative Baby Shower I hope you're well and not too worried with all thats happening at the moment. I'm here to share a fabulous idea with you, that'll give you something to focus on and look forward to. Bubbles and Cuddles! Bubbles and...
Welcome lovelies😊 I'm a tea drinking mummy of two who absolutely loves what I do! Here you will find new babies, bigger babies, kiddies & loved up'ie